The United States is home to many fine universities. Every year students from around the world come to the United States to study. If you are a student planning on completing a course of study of more than 18 hours a week in the United States, you will need a student visa. The primary and most common types of student visas are F-1 and M-1 student visas. If you are planning on studying in the United States, get in touch with a Houston student visa lawyer. The Houston F-1 student visa lawyers at the Samavati & Samavati Law Firm will help you understand the process of obtaining an F-1 student visa or an M-1 student visa. We will explain to you the qualifications including:

  • The student must be coming to the U.S. as a Full-time student.
  • The school that the student has been accepted to must be approved by USCIS.
  • The student must be enrolled in a program that leads to the attainment of a specific vocational or educational objective
  • The student must be able to afford to study full-time without working.
  • The student must have an adequate grasp on the English language, the school must offer instruction in the student’s native language, or offer English tutoring
  • The student must intend to return back to their country once their studies are complete

There are some circumstances in which a student can apply for work. An F1 visa allows a student to work on campus for up to 20 hours a week while school is in session. If there is an unforeseen change in their financial situation, the student can apply for work with permission after their first year. An F-1 student visa also allows the student tow work for a year after graduating in practical training with permission. The M-1 allows this, but for only six months.

Hiring a Houston M-1 student visa lawyer can be an immense help in obtaining an F-1 or M-1 student visa. By hiring a Houston F-1 student visa attorney, you will have someone with experience in scheduling visa appointments, preparing the proper application documents, obtaining the mandatory fee receipt, and making payment on the your behalf.

If you are applying for an F-1 or M-1 student visa, get in touch with the Houston M-1 student visa lawyers of Samavati & Samavati. We will help you get through your application process with ease. Call the Samavati & Samavati Law Firm today at (281) 999-9990 to schedule a consultation with a Houston student visa lawyer to start the F-1/M-1 visa application process.

Contact Us

Telephone: (281) 999-9990

Gia Shahrzad Samavati
Telephone: 281-999-9990

About Gia

Elle Shirin Samavati
Telephone: 281-999-9990

About Elle